Contemporary American Family Exhibit
Mirro Gallery and Sauerteig Gallery: Contemporary American Family – Artlink invited regional fine artists to depict contemporary family relationships in all their diversity. This is an all-media exhibit and includes two- and three-dimensional artwork from approximately 15 area artists. This exhibit will also feature a collaborative mural, completed by 8 local artists, which depicts contemporary family relationships.
Freistroffer Gallery:Fusion of Concert Colors with F.A.M.E. Every year, Artlink invites FAME (Foundation for Art and Music in Education) to display artwork by northern Indiana elementary school children. FAME will have a reception for the students at Artlink on Saturday, April 11 at 2 p.m. FAME is a professional northern Indiana organization of over 200 music, dance, and drama teachers and principals who are dedicated to teaching multi-cultural arts. The Fusion of Concert Colors program encourages students to draw connections between musical selections and the visual arts. Students create artwork as they listen to music from a particular cultural focus. The music this year is Selections from E.T. by John Williams.
Betty Fishman Gallery: Travels in Plastic – photography by Cara Wade will be on display in Artlink’s Betty Fishman Gallery. Wade’s images are all taken with Holga and Sprocket Rocket “toy” cameras. With her “imperfect” plastic cameras always at hand, Wade has created a travelogue of locales, far, exotic, banal and some in her own backyard. Work from this series was recently shown in the Somerville Plastic Camera Festival in Boston and currently at the Krappy Kamera International at the Soho Photo Gallery in NYC.
Rentals Include the following:
• Artlink staff member present during set-up, event time and tear-down.
• 1⁄2 hour of set-up time and 1⁄2 hour of tear is free. Time outside of that will be billed at the hourly rate.
• Access to seven 5’ tables, one 4’ table.
• Access to 40 chairs.
• Access to chosen classroom or gallery.
Party renting the gallery must provide the following:
• Certificate of liability insurance coverage to Artlink for the event.
• Renter is responsible for any damage to Artlink property during their event.
• Artlink public gallery hours: Tuesday – Friday 10 a.m. – 5 p.m., Saturday 12 – 6 p.m. and Sunday 12 – 5 p.m.
Artlink will not close the gallery to the public during those hours for a private event. Private events must be scheduled outside of gallery hours. Private events may be offered in the Russ Oettel Room during public gallery hours.
• Rentals offered outside Auer Center for Arts and Culture building hours requiring the lobby entrance to be open to the public will result in an additional $15 an hour charge for security guard. Auer Center building hours are Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. – 9 p.m., Saturday 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. and Sunday 12 – 5 p.m.
• Artlink will not host political events.
For questions or to check available dates contact Tina Rorick, at 260-424-7195 or Christina@artlinkfw.com
Volunteer at Artlink
Artlink needs your hard work, smiles, expertise, sweat, and tears! This call for volunteers will help us assess the talents of our community and learn who would like to be more involved with us. We need your help every day in a myriad of ways. You can be as involved as you’d like to be–from once a year to several times a week.
Artlink’s mission is to showcase work of the highest quality by diverse visual artists and provide educational programming to artists and the community.
Artlink Artist Referral List
Are you a teaching artist or do you offer artistic services such as restoration, appraisals, portrait painting, mural painting, etc.? We want to know about it!
People call Artlink often looking for artistic services. By completing the following questionnaire, you’ll become part of a database that our staff uses for referrals.
Shop Dick Blick and support Artlink!
Click the image below or this link to start shopping for art supplies. Artlink will recieve a commission when you click through to the Dick Blick website with this link. Yay!